Avoid these mistakes in freelancing
Written By :
Although freelancers are so flexible and creative but they take many risks during their work, so you have to create a special framework to start your career as a freelancer, you have to define some steps to achieve your goal, the resources you will depend on and if you will need a team work or you will work independently.
To establish safe future as a freelancer you have to avoid the following:
- To be not specialized, you have to choose what you are professional in, for example if you will work as a freelancer journalist you have to decide whether you will be a writer or w photographer.
- Working for free in order to add experience to your portfolio
- Accepting many tasks at the same time, this could make you confused.
- To let the customer decide your work’s value, you have to know your real value in the market comparing to your competitors. You are the one who decide how much will you get, be reasonable.
- Accepting a task that you can’t do, this may ruin your reputation, because if you fail you customers won’t trust you.
- Make a deal without signing a contract, a contract will guarantee your rights.
- Not to set specific dates to get your money.
- You don’t have a system or basic steps for your work.
- Choosing wrong customers, who are not trustable.
- To miss your deadline.
- Not to negotiate, don’t accept anything the customer say, you have to negotiate in order to make the best deal.
- No time management.
Try to put goals you want to achieve through your work like getting more experience, learning new things or even earning money, moreover you have to decide what tools and ways you will use to achieve those goals.
Maybe it’s a risk to work as a freelancer but this will add a lot of experiences to your portfolio, so try to avoid the previous mistakes to success with the minimum loss.