How to get noticed to get the job?
Written By :
A lot of companies receive hundreds of resumes and cover letter every day. Although the unique resume and the good cover letter are important to get the job, you need to be unique to get noticed by the company. Those are steps that can help you to hunt the job:
- Present yourself in a creative and professional way, whether in person or online.
- Your face to face presence should reflect you resume. Everything should be in consistence, your actual personality, your character that appear online, and your resume with your experiences, skills and achievements.
- Use the social media to present yourself in conferences. The company may need to meet you through those conferences and this enables them to know your personality and may be set an interview with you.
- You have to be active on linkedin website, some companies consider this website to be your un-official resume, and they spend a lot of time searching for candidates through this website.
- Show your experiences through other websites, as many people use websites like twitter to ask technical questions about work, so you can help them solve those problems and this may make it easier for you to work in your dream company.
- Renew your achievements. The New Year is a chance to check your accomplishments’ list in work and add the recent achievements on the top of the list; this will make you resume update easier.
- Put professional goals and achieve it. You should plan what will you do in the New Year, will you update your resume on linkedin, you will try to have courses that will improve your work, or you will keep applying in the jobs.
Your previous experience and work samples are your way to win the chance of the interview, but the previous tips will help you get noticed by the companies.