Written By :
A lot of recruitment websites appeared recently, posting hundreds of job vacancies. But online recruitment has advantages and disadvantages:
Online recruitment advantages:
- Is low-costt process, you just post your ad on a website or even via social media and this will cost you nothing comparing to paid ad. More-over you will not need many HR employees to handle this process.
- Is quickly responsive; once you post your ad you will find a lot of replies.
- Online recruitment saves a lot of effort and time, you can easily submit your CV and if you are qualified enough they will call you for an interview.
- Online recruitment is a good marketing for your company.
- provides you with variety of candidates, with different skills, experiences and qualifications, so you can choose the best for your company.
- HR department can save all the CVs of the candidates who didn’t get the job to use when there is another job vacancy
- You can define the qualifications, year of experience and the skills you want so you will have candidates with your preferred skills.
Online recruitment drawbacks
- There is no interaction between candidates and the company and in many times the candidate couldn’t contact any of the company representatives for further information.
- It may not work due to technology drawbacks.
- Sometimes the information and date included in the CV is not true.
- Your personal information in the CV may be hacked.
Although online recruitment has some disadvantages but it still represent a revolution in the field of recruitment as it saves effort, time and money for both candidates and companies owners.