Plan for the next five years
Written By :
Are you hesitant in taking decisions? You don’t follow specific steps to achieve your goals? So you need a plane for at least 5 years coming, a real one able to be applied. In this plane you have to define your goals, the steps you should take to achieve those goals, and the ways through which you will apply those steps.
Some tips to write your plane for the next 5 years:
- Brain storm for your goals: write what you want, where you want to be and the goals you want to achieve during the next 5 years.
- Define what you can start with: if your goal is to be promoted in your work, what you should do to be ready for this? And if you need to consult someone or talking with your manager, in both cases you have to take a decision to start applying it.
- Decide what you will do next year: you will not achieve all you goals now, so you have to plan for the future. Get a certificate prove that you learnt something new, save money for your own project, or even put a goal to get a specific job, all are things you can achieve over the next year.
- Reward yourself: your 5years’ plan will make you feel that your goals achievement is a long term thing. Make stations which indicates that you are close to achieve what you want, and reward yourself when reaching those stations.
- Revise your plan: evaluate your plan to know which things really works and what don’t. You may need to edit the plan, according to some changes that may happen like new job offer or even losing your current job. Don’t let any change distract your attention and get you out of the track.
Achieving your goals need a plan, including all the details you need to reach what you want, try to be realistic when writing the plan and follow the previous tips.